School Vision and British Values
At Churwell we want our community; children, staff and parents to:
Learn, Aspire, Achieve.
This is further supported by the desire to:
Learn; everyday, never stop learning
Aspire and dream big
Achieve for the future.
Our curriculum is under pinned by the ethos of the British Values curriculum.
The values are: democracy; rule of law; individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance.
Opportunities to teach and learn from these values are threaded through our curriculum consistently.
By promoting these values we want all of our learning community to:
• develop their self-knowledge, self-esteem and self-confidence
• distinguish right from wrong and to respect the civil and criminal law of England
• accept responsibility for their behaviour, show initiative, and to understand how they can contribute positively to the lives of those living and working in the locality of the school and to society more widely
• acquire a broad general knowledge of and respect for public institutions and services in England
• Promote tolerance and harmony between different cultural traditions by enabling children to acquire an appreciation for and respect for their own and other cultures
• encourage respect for other people
• encourage respect for democracy and support for participation in the democratic processes, including respect for the basis on which the law is made and applied in England.