The committee for 2016/2017:
Chair: Mrs Stella Gannon
Vice Chair: Mrs Jennie Poppleton
Treasurer: Mrs Vanessa Webber
Secretary: Mrs Vicki Groves
Churwell PTA has both a fundraising and social function. The PTA have supported projects in school and all of our school community have enjoyed attending events.
Parents/Carers are encouraged to join the PTA, which meet usually every half term.
Please click on the links below:
Elves Workshop - 2015
Fancy Dress Disco 2015
Churwell PTA Summer Gala 2015
Thank you to our PTA and all the parents and carers who attended the Gala making it such a huge success. The weather stayed dry and fine although it was a bit cool. It was a lovely evening after school, with a great family atmosphere. I think the after school event went very well for the first time that the PTA had tried it.
Mr Summers - on behalf of the school.
Trim Trail 2015 - funded in full by Churwell PTA.
Mothers Day Workshop 2015
This year the PTA chose the idea of decorating a tea towel and then gift wrapping it to open as a present on Mothers Day. This did involve the PTA, not only with the job of organising the resources, but also helping the children with their ideas and gift wrapping the presents. What a great job they did!
During the last four years the following items have been bought by our PTA
- a PA system which includes CD/DVD facilities with an integrated projector
- a new Rugby kit
- plants for the Nursery garden
- a display cabinet for the main entrance
- Churwell T- shirts and books for the Year 6 leavers
- a stage system for school performances
- funded the new FS2 garden
- handrails for the stage system
- part funding of our new picnic area (see School Council)
- part funded our Willow area and seating area in the lower playground
- paid for our new Trim Trail on the field
- updated and purchase of new books for our KS2 Library
- purchase of Play Zone equipment